PCMFund has been created with the singular focus of developing counseling, tutoring and developmental programs, including academic support/assistance, for students ranging from 7th through 12th grade (growth and accomplishment will determine whether this expands into college years eventually) to facilitate the transition into high school and beyond, whether college or adult life. Including but not limited to:
- Enhanced Tutoring, Counseling & Mentoring Program Development & Implementation Specially Directed to 8th through 12th Grades
- Use of sports or extracurricular activities as a means to acquire and maintain candidate student/youth attention and adherence
- Particular emphasis and attention to executive functions and study skills/habits development
- Explore partnering possibilities at program adaptation level with Athlife Foundation for broader regional or national purposes such as exploration of programs to other sports and/or extracurricular activities.
- Consider and evaluate initiation of fund raising for "Quarterback Academy" concept:
- to employ a holistic, non-institutional agenda approach directed at furthering the success of the individual not just in sports but overall (academics, health, training, health-orthopedics-conditioning, character, leadership, integrity, technique use, psychology, decisionmaking/ judgment, readiness, situational awareness, reaction parameters, critical thinking, observational skill, rapid input/criteria selection, time management, tactical adherence (or adjustment) and strategic focus.
- contribute observation and research input onyouth & program development
- expand to other sports, and extracurricular activities where quality of iterative decision-making is key such as debate, rhetoric & drama.
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula.Etiam porta sem malesuada
- Conduct fund raising activities and events, such as the Peter Cernansky Memorial Golf Tournament, Dinner & Auction held this past July 1, 2013 at Rockrimmon Country Club, for funding prototype, ‘beta’ or trial counseling/tutoring/mentoring initiatives based on the NFL Foundation “Play It Smart” Program as adapted by AthLife Foundation (see athlife.org) as implemented at Westhill High School, Stamford, CT via “Purple PACT” initially (Fall 2013) for football and basketball (men’s & women’s). Subject to funding, expansion considered to other sports and/or extracurricular activities with a particular ‘next step’ focus on program adaptations for incoming freshman & sophomores. Again, depending on fund-raising, attention is being given to a variation of a Purple PACT outreach or introduction to middle school 8th graders. In no set priority as of yet, and subject to fund raising, consideration will be given to expansion of this prototype program, as named Purple PACT, to:
- Other sports and/or extracurricular activities at Westhill High School with a particular ‘next step’ focus on program adaptations for incoming freshman & sophomores.
- Expansion in some ‘variant’ form to select (selected) Stamford middle schools with the initial subject, if any, to be Cloonan Middle School where some coordination may have to be factored in with the Stamford Youth Foundation, other local youth sports organizations or local extracurricular activities sponsors, directed to a variation of a Purple PACT type outreach or introduction to middle school 8th graders.
- Expansion, after at least a couple of class cycles learning experiences have been absorbed, to high schools and/or middle schools of Bridgeport, CT and/or other lower Fairfield County school systems (note: for practical reference sake, the initial maximum geographic area considered is encompassed by the Fairfield County Inter-Scholastic Athletic Conference, FCIAC.
- Eventually, subject to any program success and matched fund-raising growth to support such expanded budgets , consideration may be given to state-wide or inter-state adaptations.
- Explore partnering possibilities at a more ‘wholesale’ and/or program adaptation level per program implementation success, with AthLife Foundation for broader regional or national purposes such as exploration of programs to other sports and/or extracurricular activities.
- Consider and evaluate initiation of fund raising for Qbk Academy concept. A key to the viability of this proposal is the availability of Coach Travis Meyer and his Five Star Quarterback Training. Note regarding 3. this is its own development piece but it must inter-relate with and support the counseling/mentoring development focus.
- Depending upon developments, the Board may have to be expanded for A.2. and/or A.3. support.